Monday, July 26, 2010

What To Do When It is Too Hot Outside... Part Three


Kids like to cook and
even when it is hot,
people have to eat.

My grandsons love to help me.

They especially love those big wire wisks, the red measuring cups, and the most messy ingreidents.

I let them stand on a chair and wear an old apron, which does absolutely no good.

This brings back wonderful memories. When my sisters and I were young, we made what we called "messes" for our Grandpa to try.

we take a break from cooking with some of our cousins

  I remember once mixing sugar, syrup, peanut butter and vanilla in a big stainless steel bowl.  We could hardly wait for Grandpa to try it. My dear grandfather, who loved to eat, made a very convincing fuss over it.

Joey and Jack tell me they are good at "dry ingredients.

You simply can't worry about the mess.

And they're learning fractions, measurements, having fun doing it and somehow it ends up tasting great!

No comments:

Post a Comment