Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Light in August

It seems to me that the light changes in August.
It looks more mellow as it creeps into my neighbor's beautiful garden.

Not so brash and insistent

My garden waits in shadow til mid-morning for the sun, but I see it coming, golden now touching the highest leaves, slanting in over the roof.

In August there are hints that the extreme heat might not last for ever and the yellow school buses changes the landscape with their own sort of light to show that life is changing.

Summer is going, but I love the fall.

By the way, can anyone guess where this old tree can be found? Hint: They paved paradise and put put up a parking lot.

1 comment:

  1. don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you got 'til it's gone?

    couldn't help myself...

    ReplyDelete