Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Making Jam

It's rewarding.

I can't explain exactly why,

 but if you try it,

I think you'll agree.

The fruit is beautiful when you get it from the farmer's market.

When you cook it, it smells divine.

Look at the color.

I love seeing it in the jars.

I've said it before... looks like jewels.

Clare helped by not crawling into the cooking area!


Val drew these original labels.


The best way to make jam is to buy a box of Sure Jell and follow the directions.  It's always more fun to make jam with a friend.


3 comments:

  1. My mom and I always made sure jell's freezer jam.... this makes me wanna make some!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wish I could've joined the fun! xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh canning, how I love thee. And sour cherry jam...delicious! any extra? ;)

    ReplyDelete