Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Mock of My Book

My book will be in my hands on November 23rd!

That means I have to figure out lots and lots of things such as where to sell it,
how to convince people to invite me to do readings...
and signings.
I also have to figure out how to ship it.

I took a favorite book and didn't harm it.
 It is the same length and width as Solomon's Puzzle will be.

But my book is a bit longer,

 so I found a book that tells writers how to revise.


 Because I'd already devoured its ideas (and put them into practice) very carefully, I took this book apart.


 I took as many more pages I needed to create the simulated size of Solomon's Puzzle.

I  tied it in a bundle while trying to make it look pretty.

This I took to the post office to be weighed and measured.
The verdict: It's a big one, and yet it can be mailed!
One more thing done. Whew, only a million more things to do.

1 comment: