Friday, October 8, 2010

Show and Tell Friday

Look what Val made this week--
a wee skirt for a friend's baby girl.
I think it is absolutely adorable.
 It's a skirt for a child made from scraps cut into bias strips, sewn wrong side together so that the exposed seam will fray a little with wear.

 Very chic and Anthropologie I think.

 The skirt is all lined in flannel!
 Comfortable and cute!

I made Clare these two things for her birthday.  The jumper is made from corduroy and a fantastic, but small piece of fabric I got at Cottonseed Glory.  (It seemed to be the last bit of the fabric). I knew Val and Clare would love the colors. I covered buttons to match.

The overalls are lined in a teal flannel so they'll be warm and cozy.
At our Eight Hands Around Creativity Guild,

we made lots of little zippered bags.
Each bag reflected the seamstress's style and color preferences.



Aren't they so accomplished...
Courtney made gorgeous fabric roses from denim scraps.

and the bags so cute?


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the adorable clothes you made my sweet baby. They are spectacular. Can't wait to put her in them.

    ReplyDelete