Friday, November 5, 2010

Update an Old Recipe

You can see by the picture of my cookbook
 that I've used this recipe for pancakes.

The cookbook, Joy of Cooking, was a wedding gift from my sister Gloria and I've treasured it.

Joey and Jack and I make chocolate pancakes when they come over.

We add ground flax seed, wheat germ and cottage cheese.

Andrea suggested adding chocolate chips.

Joey thought we should try chocolate syrup.
Jack putting flour on Joey's shirt for fun. Any guesses who put in the extra salt?

Somehow this week, someone put in a whole lot of salt. (This was not me).

We'll just have to keep working at it.

Here's the basic recipe.

Mix dry ingredients:

1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened chocolate (powder)
1/8 cup ground flax seed
1/4 cup wheat germ
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar
1 3/4 teaspoon baking powder

Beat:
4 T vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 cup cottage cheese
1 cup milk

Mix egg mixture into dry ingredients just until moistened.  Bake on a hot griddle. Enjoy with berry or chocolate syrup.



1 comment:

  1. I bet they enjoyed eating them just as much as they enjoyed making them!

    ReplyDelete