Wednesday, December 29, 2010

This One's For You, Mom

My mother loved jewelry. As did her mother before her. My mother loved jewelry so much that she bought a commemorative bracelet or necklace or earrings any time she went on a vacation or trip. She bought a piece of jewelry if she wanted to celebrate -- weddings, graduation, new baby, birthday, new job, promotion, good weather... jewelry. She was also known to have bought a meaningful piece for that special funeral or just to lift her mood. 
My sisters and I must have understood how important Mom's jewelry was to her because we loved to look in her jewelry drawers (she had three, I think) and her jewelry chest and try things on. 
Mom would have loved Clare's recent fascination: 


She's particular.

She put this jewelry on all by herself. How did she know what to do?


Too much is never enough.



What? It looks great!



Let's see how this works with my outfit.






1 comment:

  1. How does she get her leg up like that?! That is insane.

    ReplyDelete