Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tisn't Really the Season...

for cobbler, but I made some!
I had half a jar of sour cherry jam and a bag of frozen blueberries.
I mixed 1/4 cup of cornstarch into the jam and mixed it up. I stirred in the blueberries.
I prepared some little baking ramekins and divided the blueberry mixture into these.

Next I mixed up my scone recipe:
2 Cups flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
6 T confectioner's sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt

Cut in 6 T butter or coconut oil / crisco
Mix together 2 eggs and 1/3 cup cream or milk or rice milk
Stir only until the dough is together. Don't over mix.
Spoon over the ramekins
 Sprinkle with 1 t sparkly sugar.

Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.   Enjoy while warm. I like it with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment