Sunday, June 12, 2011

Surprise, surprise!

I began taking pictures at the family birthday party

when things were just getting started.

Then I got busy getting dinner on the table and as usual didn't have time to reach for my camera.


But everyone had a great time!

There were two funny comments:
Jack ate a good dinner and then dessert. I said, "Jack would you like something to drink?"
Before Jack could answer, Clare said, "Clarey, would you like something to drink?" Haha! What a lovely way to tell Grannie she was also thirsty.
Clare talking to Pop

Shortly after that we decided to retrieve some more toys from upstairs. Jack led the way, but Clare was following, narrating her progress.  "Good job climbing stairs, Clarey."
Jack turned around, looked at her as if he'd never seen her before, frowned and said, "You can talk?"

2 comments:

  1. Okay, clearly we need to spend some more time with Clare :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this post!! My grandson Stephen is much like Claire-- he'll say, "Do you want a cookie?" and I'll repeat "Do you want a cookie?" and he'll reply "OK!~!" Suckers me in every time.

    ReplyDelete